We've heard "Does social sharing drive sales?" countless times. After analyzing $5,000,000 worth of eCommerce transactions influenced by the AddShoppers social commerce platform, we've uncovered the following insights from thousands of merchants ranging from mom & pop shops to household brands like O'Neill Clothing and Everlast.
Embed the $5m Social Commerce Breakdown on Your Site: Copy and Paste the Code Below
— AddShoppers.com (@AddShoppers) May 22, 2013
- The average tweet is worth $1.62 to online retailers. Tweet this.
- Every pin drives an average of $1.25 in revenue to an online retailer. Tweet this.
- The majority of products shared on twitter are electronics. Tweet this.
- The average online order influenced by a tweet is $181.37. Tweet this.
- Product shares via email have the highest likelihood of turning into a purchase. Tweet this.
- More people share apparel products than any other product category. Tweet this.
- The average online order influenced by tumblr is $200.33, the highest of any social networking site.
Written by: Mitchell Abdullah