Last week we touched on how Twitter opened their API for integration, finally allowing data sharing between Twitter and authorized third parties. Meaning, for AddShoppers’ clients, Social Login is available for through Twitter and will push actionable data (like username and email) to the AddShoppers Platform.
The AddShoppers Social Login uses our generic “Shop.pe” Twitter App and sets it as the default for clients. However, like the Facebook app, Twitter can be white labeled to match your brand as well.
Read below for our step-by-step guide + images to help you along the way:
- Log in to your AddShoppers account
- In the upper right-hand corner, click your username
- Select “Site Configuration” -> “White Label” -> “Twitter” tab
- Go to apps.twitter.com
- Sign in with your Twitter account
- Select “create a new app”
- Fill in the application information
- Within the “Callback URL” section, enter -> https://www.addshoppers.com/tracker/app/twitter/
- Submit application
- Click the “Settings” tab
- Optional: Replace application icon with your own, and organization details
- Click “Update Settings”
- Head to the “Permissions” tab -> enable “Read and Write” -> check the box under “Additional Permissions”
- Go to “Keys and Access Tokens” -> scroll down -> click “Create my access token”
- Scroll up -> copy “Consumer Key (API Key)”
- Go back to your AddShoppers tab -> paste copied key into “API Key” box
- Go back to your Application Management tab -> copy “Consumer Secret (API Secret)”
- Go back to your AddShoppers tab -> paste copied secret into “API Secret” box
Is your brand taking full advantage of Twitter? Talk with us about strategies.